Administrative Assistant (New York, NY)
Ecosystem is an industry leader in integrated energy efficiency services. Our firm designs and implements innovative turnkey energy retrofit projects in existing buildings for the private and public sectors. Our projects deliver buildings that are worth more, emit less greenhouse gas emissions, and cost less to operate, while providing healthy and appealing spaces for occupants.
Founded in Quebec City, Canada in 1993, Ecosystem now employs over 170 people, most of whom work directly on energy savings projects. Today, our corporate headquarters remain in Quebec City, with offices in New York, Boston, Toronto, and Montreal.
Above all, Ecosystem is about its people. We create a stimulating work environment for motivated individuals, making it a place where brilliant ideas are nurtured and innovative designs overcome today’s energy conservation challenges. In addition, Ecosystem offers employees a wide range of benefits and opportunities to support a healthy work-life balance. People are the lifeblood of our company and the key to offering the best possible service to our clients.
Are you a dynamic, well-organized person with initiative? Do you have experience in administrative support? Do you have solid knowledge of Office Suite and excellent English communication skills, written and spoken? You may be the ideal candidate for this position.
As a construction administrative assistant, you will mainly be responsible for providing administrative support for Ecosystem’s energy efficiency projects, planning travel for members of your team and coordinating the production of documentation intended for clients. You will play a key role in keeping our clients happy and ensuring the office runs smoothly.
- Preparing and releasing purchase orders
- Assisting with proposal preparation
- Assisting with printing and assembling documents
- Administrative tasks related to construction project management
- Editing, Drafting, Proofreading and formatting correspondence, reports and proposals
- Scheduling meetings and conference calls
- Maintaining and archiving office files and records
- Arranging travel for members of your team
- Supporting the marketing and sales team in client research
- Input and update information in Salesforce
- Providing administrative support to engineers in the follow-up of projects
- Supporting and covering for the Receptionist as needed
- Ad hoc projects related to office administration
- College diploma in office administration (or other relevant education)
- 3+ years of experience providing administrative support in a relevant field
- Excellent English, written and spoken
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong organizational skills and adept at multi-tasking with the ability to meet deadlines without close supervision
- Experience using Salesforce (asset)
- Excellent formatting/editing skills
- Knowledge of the construction industry (asset)
- Confident working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to consistently produce high-quality work
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Demonstrate a passion to work in energy efficiency
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships
- Resourceful and versatile self-starter
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Occasional travel to site locations and other office locations
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- High-performance culture in which each employee can make an impact