Construction Project Engineer (Boston)
Leveraging our successful expansion into the New York City area, we are now ready to develop the dynamic New England market.
Public and private sector organizations throughout the region are challenged to increase the resiliency of their aging infrastructure, improve business continuity, reduce expenses, and build sustainability into their operations. These issues, coupled with high energy rates, robust incentive programs, low interest rates, and state goals to increase renewable energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, have created the perfect market conditions for our services.
Ecosystem is seeking a passionate and multi-talented professional for the implementation of energy efficiency projects. The Construction Project Engineer will actively contribute to all stages of project implementation—from construction management to post-project monitoring—as a member of a multidisciplinary technical team of engineers at Ecosystem’s New England office. This small and versatile team will responsible for the success of multi-million-dollar projects, and the new Construction Project Engineer will play several roles to ensure that complex energy efficiency projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Assessing/verifying mechanical/electrical/structural drawings to ensure the best implementation design;
- Implementing Energy Conservation Measures, such as combined heat and power, boilers, chillers, ventilation, etc. based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation, and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress, and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors, and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained;
- Working on client site during construction period.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry
- HVAC knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills)
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving orientation
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Regular travel to site locations and other office locations
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- High performance culture in which each employee can make an impact
We subscribe to the principle of equality in employment.