Design Project Engineer
Ecosystem is a growing company, and we’re always on the lookout for top talent to join us. Be proactive! Submit your profile today, and we will consider your application for future openings.
Leveraging our successful expansion into the New York City area, we are now ready to develop the dynamic New England market.
Public and private sector organizations throughout the region are challenged to increase the resiliency of their aging infrastructure, improve business continuity, reduce expenses, and build sustainability into their operations. These issues, coupled with high energy rates, robust incentive programs, low interest rates, and state goals to increase renewable energy and reduce greenhouse gas emissions, have created the perfect market conditions for our services.
The Design Project Engineer (1-3 years’ experience) will participate in our multidisciplinary technical team of engineers at Ecosystem. He/she will analyze, design, and verify the energy savings of industry-leading solutions on multi-million-dollar projects. He/she will perform calculations and use simulations tools to develop energy, cooling, and heating models to assess energy savings. Daily tasks involve assessing and reviewing client needs; conceptualizing the mechanical/electrical/control work required to implement energy solutions for buildings; overseeing the implementation of engineering solutions; and supporting operations in the execution of performance contracts.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Gather and analyze energy bills to identify potential energy savings based on current energy rates and the building’s energy intensity;
- Analyze mechanical/electrical/control drawings and perform site surveys to understand the operation of the building;
- Develop Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Develop and perform calculations by using a combination of software and simulating the energy savings of the proposed design;
- Select equipment based on energy performance;
- Prepare construction budgets and develop financial models;
- During the construction phase, technically assist the construction manager;
- Monitor project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained;
- Develop technical concepts and the associated written documents required by the sales team;
- Support the sales team in identifying clients’ needs;
- Participate in meetings/presentations and develop customer relations.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects
- HVAC knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills)
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving orientation
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Occasional travel to site locations and other office locations
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- High performance culture in which each employee can make an impact
We have offices in the United States, Ontario and Quebec! Tell us which city you would like to apply for
We subscribe to the principle of equality in employment.