Project Engineer, Energy Efficiency (Toronto)
Ecosystem is a design-build firm specializing in energy ecosystems — complex networks of interconnected energy systems. We implement turnkey energy projects to optimize the performance of institutional, commercial and industrial buildings. As a collaborative, multidisciplinary team, we relentlessly challenge conventions to design and implement creative solutions that increase efficiencies and drive out waste. Where many see obstacles, we see opportunities!
Founded in 1993, our team of more than 175 employees is based in Quebec City, New York, Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Above all, Ecosystem is about its people. We create a stimulating work environment for motivated individuals, making it a place where brilliant ideas are nurtured and innovative designs overcome today’s energy conservation challenges. In addition, Ecosystem offers employees a wide range of benefits and opportunities to support a healthy work-life balance. People are the lifeblood of our company and the key to offering the best possible service to our clients.
- Supporting the sales team in identifying clients’ needs;
- Developing technical concepts and the associated written documents required by the sales team;
- Developing Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 2+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry;
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects;
- HVAC knowledge;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills);
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving oriented;
- Solid planning and organization skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance;
- Permanent position;
- 40-hour week (flexible hours);
- Occasional travel in Canada and to the USA;
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere;
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact.
Valid driver’s license
8 King Street East, Unit 910, Toronto (Ontario) M5C 1B5