Project Engineer (PE) (New York, NY)
Ecosystem is a design-build firm specializing in energy ecosystems — complex networks of interconnected energy systems. We implement turnkey energy projects to optimize the performance of institutional, commercial and industrial buildings. As a collaborative, multidisciplinary team, we relentlessly challenge conventions to design and implement creative solutions that increase efficiencies and drive out waste. Where many see obstacles, we see opportunities!
Founded in 1993, our team of more than 175 employees is based in Quebec City, New York, Toronto, Montreal and Boston.
Ecosystem is seeking a passionate and multi-talented Professional Engineer in energy efficiency design and implementation. The Project Engineer will actively contribute to all stages of project development—from design to construction—as a member of a multidisciplinary technical team of engineers at Ecosystem’s New York office. This versatile team is responsible for the success of multi-million-dollar projects, and the new Project Engineer will play several roles, from number crunching to construction management.
- Supporting the sales team in identifying clients’ needs;
- Developing technical concepts and the associated written documents required by the sales team;
- Developing Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed and Registered Professional Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry;
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects;
- HVAC knowledge;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills);
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving oriented;
- Solid planning and organization skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance;
- Permanent position;
- 40-hour week (flexible hours);
- Occasional travel to Canada and other US offices;
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere;
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact.
- Valid driver’s license