Senior Construction Project Engineer (Toronto)
Ecosystem is seeking a passionate and multi-talented specialist for the implementation of energy efficiency projects. The Senior Construction Project Engineer will actively contribute to all stages of project implementation—from construction management to post-project monitoring—as a member of a multidisciplinary technical team of engineers at Ecosystem’s Toronto office. This small and versatile team is responsible for the success of multi-million-dollar projects, and the new Construction Manager will play several roles to ensure that complex energy efficiency projects are delivered on time and on budget. This is a development opportunity for a driven individual who is striving to become a Project Director. Initial relocation or regular travel will be expected to gain exposure on complex projects in the US.
- Assessing/verifying mechanical/electrical/structural drawings to ensure the best implementation design;
- Implementing the Energy Conservation Measures such as boilers, chillers, ventilation, etc. based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation, and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress, and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors, and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained.
- Regular travel in the first 18-24 months to projects in the US.
- Leading and growing a multi-disciplinary team and working with the Regional Manager to develop employees to their full potential.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical engineering preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in traditional and/or design-build project delivery environments
- HVAC knowledge
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving orientation
- Solid planning and organizational skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Autonomous and motivated
- Strong leadership skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- Regular travel to site locations and other office locations
- Smartphone, work uniform, boots, helmet and goggles provided by Ecosystem
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact
Valid driver’s licence