If you are someone who wants to chart your own path to success, and you share our values of innovation, collaboration and achievement, this role is for you.
As an Account Executive for Ecosystem you will be responsible for our growth in this region, generating new business of multi-million-dollar energy performance projects. The role is ideally suited for an entrepreneurial sales Professional driven to identify, develop and close large-scale opportunities. If you are someone who wants to chart your own path to success, and you share our values of innovation, collaboration and achievement, this role is for you.
- Work with the New York Sales Manager and the senior leadership team to create a go-to-market strategy and sales plan for a specific vertical market in New York and be accountable for its execution.
- Increase the company’s visibility in the region, positioning Ecosystem as a leading energy solutions firm. Identify opportunities to position Ecosystem and yourself as thought leaders in the space.
- Actively manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to contract negotiation, including:
- Establish a customer base and build the sales funnel. Continuously feed the funnel through on-going business development activities and by leveraging contacts to source new leads.
- Meet regularly with prospects to evaluate their needs and introduce the Ecosystem value proposition. Collaborate with our in-house engineering experts to assess, clarify, and validate client needs at the outset of the relationship and on an ongoing basis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at the appropriate decision-making level to enhance client retention, enable cross selling and upselling and create new sales opportunities through referrals and references.
- Collaborate with Ecosystem’s multidisciplinary team to develop proposals that answers client’s needs, concerns, goals and objectives, while meeting deadlines and Ecosystem’s exceptional quality standards.
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction by conducting structured feedback at various points of the engagement.
- Use Salesforce to capture client knowledge, build our market intelligence and report on sales plan progress.
- Proactively reach out to team members in all offices to quickly ramp up your knowledge of the Ecosystem model, the solutions we provide to clients, and what makes us different from the competition.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum five-year (5) experience in a sales position with a complex sales cycle involving multiple stakeholders;
- Experience with a customer-centric approach;
- Experience developing territories for a growing company;
- Experience in identifying opportunities and developing creative value propositions;
- A proven track record as a sales executive or business development manager, who has targeted, pursued and won a sizeable portfolio of key customers;
- Successfully cultivated relationships with several client organizations, especially with C-level executives, through a highly developed consultative selling approach;
- Demonstrated an ability to uncover client needs (explicit and implicit) and qualify prospects to ensure maximum efficiency of the sales organization;
- Collaborated with multiple stakeholders across multiple locations to define, develop and deliver projects that exceeded client expectations;
- Experience in the field of energy, engineering, or construction (strong asset);
- Knowledge of financial analysis methods for capital investment projects (strong asset) ;
- Network of contacts that can be utilized for driving new business development (strong asset);
- CRM (Salesforce) experience (strong asset).
- Initiative: proactive and highly motivated to succeed.
- Integrity: strong work ethic, moral compass and personal character.
- Independent yet collaborative: drive and self-discipline to work independently, but also excels in a dynamic, international team environment.
- Organized and analytical: able to manage complex projects with long sales cycles – translating strategies to plans and results.
- Self-aware: active listener, able to adapt communication style to the audience.
- Resilient: able to cope with stress and disappointment and rebound quickly
- Accessible: easily creates new contacts and builds relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent communicator: both verbal and written