Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager for Ecosystem, you will be responsible for sales growth in private sector verticals in Quebec, promoting the company’s integrated engineering-construction services for the modernization and transformation of electromechanical infrastructure. The role is ideally suited for an entrepreneurial sales professional driven to identify, develop and close large-scale opportunities. If you are someone who wants to chart your own path to success, and you share our values of innovation, collaboration and achievement, this role is for you.
- Work with the Director of Business Development and the senior leadership team to create a go-to-market strategy and sales plan for private sector verticals in Quebec, and be accountable for their execution.
- Increase the company’s visibility in the region, positioning Ecosystem as the leading provider of energy solutions for the built environment.
- Actively manage the full sales cycle from prospecting to contract negotiation, including:
- Establish a customer base and build the sales funnel. Continuously feed the funnel through ongoing business development activities and by leveraging contacts to source new leads.
- Meet regularly with prospects to evaluate their needs and introduce the Ecosystem value proposition. Collaborate with our in-house engineering experts to assess, clarify and validate client needs at the outset of the relationship and on an ongoing basis.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at the appropriate decision-making level and in different departments (finance, engineering, etc.).
- Collaborate with Ecosystem’s multidisciplinary team to develop proposals that answer clients’ needs, concerns, goals and objectives.
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction by conducting structured feedback at various points of the engagement.
- Use Salesforce to capture client knowledge, build our market intelligence and report on sales plan progress.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a sales position with a complex sales cycle
- Experience with a customer-centric approach
- Experience developing new markets for a growing company
- Experience identifying opportunities and developing creative value propositions
- Demonstrated experience in cultivating successful relationships with members of large organizations, especially with C-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to uncover client needs (explicit and implicit) and qualify prospects to ensure maximum efficiency of the sales process
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define, develop and deliver projects that exceed client expectations
- Experience in the field of energy, engineering or construction (strong asset)
- Knowledge of financial analysis methods for capital investment projects (strong asset)
- CRM (Salesforce) experience (strong asset)
- Bilingual in French and English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative: proactive and highly motivated to succeed
- Integrity: strong work ethic, moral compass and personal character
- Independent yet collaborative: drive and self-discipline to work independently, but also excels in a dynamic, international team environment
- Organized and analytical: able to manage complex projects with long sales cycles – translating strategies to plans and results
- Self-aware: active listener, able to adapt communication style to the audience
- Resilient: able to cope with stress and disappointment and rebound quickly
- Personable: easily makes new contacts and builds relationships internally and externally