Mechanical Designer (HVAC)
To support our growth objectives, we need a Mechanical Designer with a focus on HVAC (3+ years’ experience) to join our Montreal technical team. You will be contributing to and supporting the technical services provided by our multidisciplinary teams to facilitate large-scale HVAC projects. Where many see challenges, we see a world of opportunities.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Plan heating, ventilation, plumbing, and heating systems.
- Collaborate with energy efficiency project designers and construction managers throughout the project life-cycle including design, demolition, and construction.
- Perform detailed site surveys of the client’s facilities and implement your calculations into drawings.
- Perform HVAC design calculations under the supervision of the design engineer.
- Integrate feedback from construction managers into drawings.
- Produce accurate drawings that minimize costly on-site changes.
- Validate on-site installation following construction and produce as-built drawings.
- Support the design engineer on all other tasks related to mechanical drawings
Experience and Qualifications
- Technical Diploma in drafting, design, and/or engineering
- Fluent in the latest version of AutoCAD and experience using REVIT
- 3+ years’ experience working in a drafting and design position
- Knowledgeable about HVAC systems
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Demonstrate a passion to work in energy efficiency and HVAC design
- Keen interest in understanding energy ecosystems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships
- Resourceful and versatile self-starter
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Occasional travel to site locations and other office locations (United States and Canada)
- Unmatched design-build experience gained through integrated design projects
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- Smartphone, work uniform, boots, helmet, and goggles provided by Ecosystem
- High-performance culture in which each employee can make an impact
- Professional opportunities in our other markets (New York, Boston, Toronto, etc.)
Valid driver’s license