Ecosystem’s multidisciplinary team of engineers is hiring a Mechanical Designer with a focus on HVAC (2+ years’ experience) to join our New York technical team located in the heart of the city. You will be contributing to and supporting the technical services provided by our multidisciplinary teams to facilitate large-scale HVAC projects.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Plan heating, ventilation, plumbing, and heating systems.
- Collaborate with energy efficiency project designers and construction managers throughout the project life-cycle including design, demolition, and construction.
- Perform detailed site surveys of the client’s facilities and implement your calculations into drawings.
- Perform HVAC design calculations under the supervision of the design engineer.
- Integrate feedback from construction managers into drawings.
- Produce accurate drawings that minimize costly on-site changes.
- Validate on-site installation following construction and produce as-built drawings.
- Support the design engineer on all other tasks related to mechanical drawings
Experience and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree or Technical Diploma in drafting and/or design.
- Fluent in the latest version of AutoCAD and experience using REVIT.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a drafting and design position.
- Knowledgeable about HVAC systems.
- Detail-oriented and precise
- Demonstrate a passion to work in energy efficiency and HVAC design
- Keen interest in understanding energy ecosystems
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop interpersonal relationships
- Resourceful and versatile self-starter
- Open to regularly traveling to projects across the US
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Occasional travel to site locations and other office locations
- Unmatched design-build experience gained through integrated design projects
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- Smartphone, work uniform, boots, helmet, and goggles provided by Ecosystem
- High-performance culture in which each employee can make an impact
Valid driver’s license