Mechanical Engineering Intern
To support our growth objectives, we need a Mechanical Engineering Intern to implement energy efficiency projects on time and on budget, from start to finish. Where many see challenges, we see a world of opportunities.
- Collaborate with the Construction Engineer during the implementation of energy performance measures and help supervise the worksite.
- Perform preliminary calculations to support the engineers.
- Take readings and measurements of HVAC systems.
- Participate in meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors, and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation.
- Ensure compliance with best practices and health and safety on construction sites.
- Assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulations.
- Mechanical engineering student (2nd or 3rd year)
- 1 or 2 internships completed in a company (asset)
- Interest in building systems, energy performance and data analysis
- Resourceful, organized, autonomous, safety-oriented
- Able to travel on worksites
- 4-month internship in the Winter of 2021
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- Laptop, work uniform, boots, helmet, safety glasses and other personal safety equipment provided by Ecosystem
- High performance culture where each team member can make an impact
- Valid driver’s licence
- Personal vehicle for transport to worksites