Mechanical Systems Optimization Specialist
Are you a versatile problem-solver who is skilled with different programming languages and familiar with major control systems? Do you thrive when working with a team and know how to bring added value to projects?
Are you experienced in mechanical systems analysis? Are you a versatile problem-solver who is skilled with different programming languages and familiar with major control systems? Do you thrive when working with a team and know how to bring added value to projects? Come and join our team as a Mechanical Systems Optimization Specialist.
You will work on Building Automation Systems (BAS) with a dynamic multidisciplinary team of engineers and technicians on innovative large-scale projects. At our clients’ sites, you will master the technical aspects of the mechanical equipment, establish collaborative relationships with building operators and provide them with onsite training.
- Performing on-site surveys of the client’s existing controls and BAS during the design phase
- Analyzing the client’s existing sequences of the operation as well as the performance of their mechanical systems
- Selecting and sizing the correct major controls devices (valves, actuators, sensors etc)
- Establishing and documenting new and existing control points
- Establishing sequences of operation
- Working closely with the construction manager to build RFP’s to hire the correct controls contractor
- Working closely with the construction manager and manufacturers to perform startups on mechanical systems and equipment (boilers, chillers etc)
- Training the client’s on-site staff on the newly installed mechanical systems
- Optimizing the operation of the new and existing equipment and systems to achieve peak efficiency
- Monitoring completed projects to maintain energy savings during the follow-up period
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, College Degree or Advanced Diploma in Building Mechanics or Instrumentation and Controls (or any other relevant education)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Building Automation Systems (HVAC)
- Understanding of mechanical systems
- Programming abilities
- Proficiency in control systems from leading manufacturers like Delta, Siemens, Johnson Controls, Honeywell, etc. (strong asset)
COMPENSATIONS AND BENEFITS
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance;
- Permanent position;
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Frequent travel within Ontario (buildings undergoing performance monitoring);
- Occasional travel to Canada and other US offices;
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere;
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact.
- Valid driver’s license
- Toronto, ON