We need a Project Coordinator to ensure that every stage of the project is delivered on time and on budget. Where many see challenges, we see a world of possibilities.
What You’ll Be Doing
- In collaboration with the Project Team, coordinate work schedules, meetings and documents to facilitate construction development.
- Prepare status reports and communicate results on a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Contribute to tender and contract preparation, analysis and management post-award. Coordinate tender receipt and opening, including meetings that may be required throughout this process.
- Organize, attend and facilitate various project-related meetings during which you’ll prepare meeting notes and subsequently disseminate them to relevant parties.
Quality Control and Compliance:
- Champion document quality standards to support the Project Team but also ensure that documents are compliant with relevant internal practices and regulations.
- Proactively document, archive and disseminate information in a timely manner. Documents in question include but aren’t limited to: project correspondence, photos, tender packages, specifications, schedules, contracts, shop drawings, RFIs, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects by implementing the company’s OHS management system.
Budget Monitoring and Updates:
- Be an advocate for strong, accountable financial management on the job by espousing an “every penny counts” mindset.
- Create POs and COs; and simultaneoulsy manage CO logs.
- Demonstrate accountability and maintain cost control view of the project.
- Prepare invoices and cert pays for approval and payment processing in a timely manner.
- Expedite progress payment certificates, final payment certificates and all extra work orders as per contract.
Leadership and Training:
- Act as a point of contact for vendors and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate and share best practices with other coordinators and assistants.
- Assist team members with any training and use of implemented processes and programs.
- Other duties are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Architecture, Engineering or Project Management or comparable education/experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in project management or a relevant function
- Knowledge of engineering drawings
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, i.e. Projects, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- A client-centered attitude and excellent communication skills
- Superior organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Good understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations
- Team player
- Toronto, ON