Project Development Engineer
Ecosystem is looking for a passionate engineer who is stimulated by complexity and challenges conventions. The candidate must have a deep understanding of buildings’ energy systems and mastery of large-scale projects’ delivery phases. An excellent communicator, the Project Development Engineer will collaborate closely with our marketing, sales, and engineering teams to understand client needs and develop customized solutions to address them.
The candidate will join our multidisciplinary Toronto team and contribute to projects from the initial development stages to final delivery.
- Develops an understanding of our clients’ business and operational challenges, and uncovers the value that can be created through improvements.
- Designs custom solutions to eliminate inefficiencies in complex energy ecosystems and generate the greatest benefits for a client’s particular situation.
- Challenges conventional approaches to design and engineering – seeing opportunities where others see obstacles.
- Collaborates with our account executives to effectively design, communicate and sell complicated technical solutions and position Ecosystem as the ‘go-to’ partner for the project.
- Shares our drive for results with our clients, through impactful presentations and by developing close working relationships with technical staff.
- Investigates next generation technologies and engineering solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Fluent spoken and written English (French is an asset)
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Expertise in energy efficiency (knowledge of the energy market is an asset)
- Strong analytical capability and problem-solving oriented
- Excellent communication skills: written, spoken, and active listening