Project Engineer, Energy Efficiency
Ecosystem is a growing company, and we’re always on the lookout for top talent to join us. Be proactive! Submit your profile today, and we will consider your application for future openings.
Ecosystem is seeking a passionate and multi-talented specialist in energy efficiency design and implementation. The Project Engineer will actively contribute to all stages of project development—from design to construction—as a member of a multidisciplinary technical team of engineers. This small and versatile team is responsible for the success of multi-million-dollar projects, and the new Project Engineer will play several roles, from number crunching to construction management.
- Supporting the sales team in identifying clients’ needs;
- Developing technical concepts and the associated written documents required by the sales team;
- Developing Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects
- HVAC knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills)
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving oriented
- Solid planning and organization skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance
- Permanent position
- 40-hour week (flexible hours)
- Occasional travel to Montreal and Quebec City
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact
We have offices in the United States, Ontario and Quebec! Tell us which city you would like to apply for.
We subscribe to the principle of equality in employment.