Ecosystem is seeking a passionate and multi-talented Professional Engineer in energy efficiency design and implementation.
The Project Engineer will actively contribute to all stages of project development—from design to construction—as a member of a multidisciplinary technical team of engineers at Ecosystem’s New York office. This versatile team is responsible for the success of multi-million-dollar projects, and the new Project Engineer will play several roles, from number crunching to construction management.
- Supporting the sales team in identifying clients’ needs;
- Developing technical concepts and the associated written documents required by the sales team;
- Developing Energy Conservation Measures based on the clients’ needs and financial parameters;
- Managing the procurement process (professionals, equipment, subcontractors), including tender calls, quotation assessments, negotiation and contract management;
- Preparing and submitting budget estimates, updating progress and reviewing cost tracking reports;
- Managing client expectations and maintaining relationships;
- Performing regular site visits to assess compliance with design, drawings and specifications, and applicable codes and regulation;
- Organizing meetings, as required, with the client, subcontractors and internal resources to resolve issues and ensure smooth project implementation;
- Monitoring project performance to ensure that anticipated energy savings are attained.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensed and Registered Professional Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- 5+ years of relevant experience;
- Experience as a Mechanical Engineer within construction/building industry;
- Experience in designing energy efficiency projects;
- HVAC knowledge;
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (strong Excel skills);
- Strong analytical capability and problem solving oriented;
- Solid planning and organization skills;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance;
- Permanent position;
- 40-hour week (flexible hours);
- Occasional travel to Canada and other US offices;
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere;
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact.
Valid driver’s license