Central to the role is drafting pitches and responding to RFPs. You will be developing, coordinating, writing and submitting proposals and client – facing documents, including marketing materials.
We are looking to add a Proposal Coordinator to our expanding business development team. Central to the role is drafting pitches and responding to RFPs. You will be developing, coordinating, writing and submitting proposals and client – facing documents, including marketing materials. In addition, the coordinator will be responsible for writing and editing assignments beyond RFP responses such as study reports, marketing collateral, and internal communications documents.
- Study RFPs and lead proposal win-strategy meetings to determine the proposal response approach and concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs.
- Proactively follow-up and work closely with engineers and sales professionals for their input and contribution at every step of the proposal writing process.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and schedules for gathering information, writing, editing, reviewing, and approving; coordinate requirements with contributors; provide proposal status information at review meetings.
- Obtain internal approvals by reviewing the proposal with key content providers and project managers.
- Create, review and edit business development content outside of RFP responses as required.
- Prepare presentations and evaluate text and graphics.
- Arrange for documents to be printed or prepared for electronic submission
- Adhere to quality standards by using templates and following best practices including readability, consistency, accuracy and tone.
- Maintain proposal support databases.
- Improve results by evaluating and redesigning processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplates; implement changes.
- Research, monitor and identify appropriate RFPs on bid sites and client bid portals.
- Previous experience in a commercial real estate/energy/engineering firm a definite asset.
- University degree in Writing/Communications, English Literature, Journalism or Business Administration is preferred.
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience – editing professional and business writing.
- Strong MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite is an asset.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Experience working in an engineering or technical services environment (asset).
- Superior English writing and editing skills including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Impeccable attention to detail with a methodical approach.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to demonstrate patience, resilience and versatility.
- Excellent time management and project management skills. Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Skilled at researching information.
- Some broader communications experience/knowledge beyond proposal writing is desired.
- French language familiarity is an asset.
The successful candidate will hold a permanent position with Ecosystem, an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance and 401K. Ecosystem offers employees a wide range of benefits and opportunities to support a healthy work-life balance.