Senior Proposal Specialist
We are looking to add a Senior Proposal Specialist to our expanding business development team. Central to the role is drafting pitches and responding to RFPs, as well as being the product owner for our proposal center of excellence. This is a global role, collaborating with teams in the US and Canada.
- Study RFPs, and lead proposal win-strategy meetings to determine the proposal response approach and concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs.
- Lead our center of excellence by bringing best practices; create an accessible and user-friendly environment, maintain required libraries, coach and train users and collaborators.
- Proactively follow-up and work closely with engineers and sales professionals for their input and contribution at every step of the proposal writing process.
- Meet proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and schedules for gathering information, writing, editing, art, design, reviews, and approvals; coordinate requirements with contributors; provide proposal status information at review meetings.
- Obtain internal approvals by reviewing the proposal with key content providers and project managers.
- Create, review, and edit business development content outside of RFP responses as required.
- Prepare presentations and evaluate text and graphics.
- Adhere to quality standards by creating and using templates and following best practices including readability, consistency, accuracy, and tone.
- Maintain proposal support databases.
- Improve results by evaluating and redesigning processes, approach, coordination, and templates; implement changes.
- Research, monitor, and identify appropriate RFPs on bid sites and client bid portals.
- Previous experience in energy/infrastructure/engineering or other professional servcies firm a definite asset.
- University degree in Writing/Communications, English Literature, Journalism, or Business Administration.
- 5-10 years’ relevant experience – editing professional and business writing.
- MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel skills.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, especially InDesign.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Experience working in an engineering or technical services environment (asset).
- Interest in emerging technologies and sustainability
- Superior English writing and editing skills, including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Impeccable attention to detail with a methodical approach.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and ability to demonstrate patience, resilience, and versatility.
- Excellent time management and project management skills. Must be able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Research skills.
- Some broader communications experience/knowledge beyond proposal writing is desired.
- French language familiarity is an asset.
Compensation and Benefits
- Ecosystem is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive compensation package including health insurance and pension plan;
- Permanent position;
- 40-hour week (flexible hours);
- Great working conditions in a friendly work atmosphere;
- High performance culture where each employee can make an impact.