- Simplified O&M
- Improved occupant comfort
- Environmental stewardship
- Modernized equipment
- Elimination of oil-based energy
The project implemented at the Marguerite-Bourgeoys School Board focused on a comprehensive improvement of the Board’s real estate holdings, including about 40 buildings. It also presented an opportunity to proceed with a major asset renewal, which included modernization and addition of centralized controls, as well as the replacement of heating equipment that had reached the end of its useful life.
By targeting sustainable development measures (geothermal, aerothermal, heat recovery, LED lighting), the School Board was also able to take advantage of generous incentives, which will considerably reduce the project’s payback period.
The measures implemented have simplified the operation and maintenance of the building stock in addition to improving occupant comfort. The energy intensity of the buildings affected by the vast project has also dropped by 33%, making Marguerite-Bourgeoys one of the most energy-efficient school boards in the province of Quebec.
- 2021 ASHRAE Technology Awards, Region II - First Place, Institutional Energy Management, Existing Educational Institution
Customized Performance Measures
- Heat recovery
- Geothermal energy
- Aerothermal energy
- Ventilation optimization
- LED lighting conversion
- Rate optimization
- Air conditioning optimization
- Installation of efficient boilers
- Optimization of heating networks
- Domestic hot water upgrades
- Centralized control upgrades